Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We are what we are exposed to

Someone once said that the person we will be in five years depends on the books we read and the people we associate with. I suppose that in today's world we need to add additional sources to this list, such as the movies, TV , and all the other forms of electronic information coming into our world. Still I like the idea of reading a book once in a while. A friend of mine gave me a book the other day and I got into last night. The book is called THE FOUR AGREEMENTS. The author is Don Miguel Ruiz. I haven't finished this book yet but I liked the premise. The Four Agreements are:

BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST

Basic and straightforward guidelines that make sense. The book goes into greater detail. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment