As a guy in my fifties I have come to the realization that as a society we seem to be producing young men who are not clear about what it means to develop into a mature, responsible man.
I have experienced this first hand through my own interactions with today's crop of young men and have heard complaints from several of the women in my life that the young men they are meeting simply don't seem to want to grow-up.
With this in mind I have decided to create this forum as a way of addressing this issue and discussing with others what they consider to be the fundamental elements and characteristics which come together to create a good responsible and dependable man. I believe that for a society to endure good men and women must step up and take the reigns of leadership from the previous generation and meet the challenges that spring up on their watch.
I will let others debate the stature and substance of the young women of today my concern is with the development of young men. I am concerned that my generation has done a poor job in preparing those who are destined to follow us. I will be discussing some of the issues that I believe may help and I am asking any who read this blog to pass on their thoughts and stories of family members such as grandfathers, fathers, uncles or just real solid men you have known or know. I am most interested in your thoughts concerning how these men impacted your life and why you believe we need such men in our personnel lives and in our country as a whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment